Sunday, July 20, 2014

White Coat Ceremony

One proud mom ..... 



   Tommy flew in over the weekend to support Nathan in his future endeavors towards medical school. The University of Arizone College of Medicine White Coat Ceremony was held on Friday and it was wonderful to attend as I watched my son's face glow with excitement and pride at finally accomplishing the first step towards his dreams of becoming a doctor. Emrie's family, Richard's family,  Tommy, and I were in attendance. The twins were chopping and hauling wood up in the mountains for the week so they weren't there. I was able to meet Nathan's co-worker, Lee, finally. He's been associated with her for about 10 years and would talk about her fairly often. She's been a great support for him. I really like her but, unfortunately, I didn't converse with her much because she was a bit teary-eyed and emotional and I was trying understand her body language and mannerisms for some reason.  



My beautiful family. 
   After the ceremony we ran off to have dinner at the Village Inn since every place else looked booked for a Friday night. It was interesting to watch my family interact with each other as they teased and competed and looked after grandchildren. The family dynamics are pretty interesting at times. I've never heard Jackson cry as much as he did during the ceremony. I believe there was too  much commotion for his tender little spirit. The other grandchildren, naturally, tried to overwhelm him in their excitement of cooing and touching, but Jackson was not up to it and he was very tired. Richard and Jena were trying to shield him which worked for a little bit, but Jackson was needing sleep. There were enough adults around that I decided not to be so possessive and try to keep him to myself. It was Tommy's first time to interact with his newest nephew. 

   Richard is now considered an MS2, which means he's a second year medical student, and Nathan is now an MS1. I am so proud of my children in their educational endeavors. This has been a dream come true for Nathan and I can't express enough how happy I am for him and his family. It will be a long road but I hope he keeps up his appreciative attitude. Our family is continually blessed, over and over again. I am positive Erick is watching over us and joyful for each family member's successes. 

   
 to coo and touch, but Jackson isn't up to too much of that yet so Richard and Jena were trying to shield him which worked a little bit of the time. There were enough adults around that I decided I couldn't be too possessive, and this was the first time Tommy was able to interact with his new, little nephew

 


   

No comments: