Friday, July 18, 2014

A Heartfelt Mystery.

   On Tuesday morning something extraordinary happened. Two pairs of red, trimmed in navy blue, Lebron special edition basketball shoes ended up at our front door. Hansan and Dallan were freaked-out ecstatic. We have no idea who they came from. I happened to look out my bathroom window in time to see a Federal Express truck backing off of our driveway and I couldn't think of anything I had ordered. I told Dallan to go check the front door in case a package was delivered. Sure enough, there set a Foot Locker bag of brand new shoes. We were confused at first because they were not wrapped in a package for mail, they were only in a store bag with no note or a receipt. I finally decided that someone must be friends with the FedEx guy and he was probably asked to hand deliver the shoes so we wouldn't find out who gifted them to the boys. I asked all of my children but no one has a clue. Man oh man!

Putting two-and-two together, this reminded me of the Wonder Woman socks I received around Mother's Day. They were delivered through Amazon and we never figured out who sent them, and now I wonder if the same person is involved. It has been a big mystery ...
                                 
                            


All I know is this: Every single day, literally, we are blessed by other human beings. I am humbled and grateful for the love and generosity that surrounds us continually. Whether it be a simple smile, or a lending hand, I am overwhelmed by the goodness and example of human angels who touch our lives. 

No comments: