Sunday, July 27, 2014

37 Years

   I have started a tradition. As I have already mentioned, today (July 26th - it's past midnight now so this will look like we went on the 27th) would be mine and Erick's 37th wedding anniversary. If he were here, of course we would have celebrated it in some way. So, Nathan, Cindy and I went to a Jersey Boys musical tonight. These are songs Erick used to sing, and I must add, he sang them much better than the cast that sang them tonight.

   After Erick died, it took me several years before I could listen to men's singing voices without crying. So tonight, the main thing I thought about was Erick and his voice. He had a beautiful voice and could have gone professional had he ever decided to, I totally believe.

   So, every year on our anniversary, I plan to do something that we would have done to celebrate it together.

   Happy anniversary, Erick.

No comments: