Saturday, July 12, 2014

Sleeping Beauty

   Ashlynn, my oldest granddaughter, is such a lovely, sweet 11-year-old. I've had the privilege of having her over for a couple of nights. Time certainly flies, I remember the glorious day when she was born. I don't care what anyone else thinks, I believe she looks most like her daddy.

   With Ashlynn's help we organized the pot/pan cupboard and cleaned up my bedroom; we colored pictures and in the evening I took her to the theater to see Malificent -- a take off the classic story of Sleeping Beauty. Yesterday I studied in the morning before we went to Emrie's for Masie's 6th birthday, swim party. Emrie actually sat next to me and talked with me. Once the twins arrived home from chopping/hauling wood up in the mountains for 4 days, Dallan played with her in our pool, and then the boys took her with them to run errands (basically, they just wanted to go drive the car). Ashlynn fell asleep while watching a DVD with them so I moved her up to bed with me.

Masie turned 6!! 
   Right now, at 8:30 a.m., Ashlynn is still sleeping as I sit beside her typing this up. I have a meeting at 10:30 with Sunshine Acres Children's Home and I will take her with me. The boys left at 6:00 a.m. and won't get back home from a youth lake trip until 4:00 p.m., at which time I will let them spread their wings and drive Ashlynn all the way home to Maricopa. I will miss her sweet little spirit.

Update: the boys didn't make it home until about 6:00 p.m. last night. They had fun water boarding but Dallan was frustrated because he was the only one that couldn't get up on the board. I think he just needed a little more time to work it out - he's completely capable, for sure. After our meeting with Sunshine Acres Ashlynn asked if we could go to IHop so I treated her to pancakes there. Cindy came and picked her up around 2:00 p.m. and then Ashlynn was suddenly gone. *sigh* Although I was sorry to see her go, I probably enjoyed our time together more than she did. I had plenty of homework to do after she left, but it was fun having her with me for a couple of days.

Sleep Beauty :-) 

No comments: