Sunday, May 25, 2014

1-2-3, Testing, Testing...

   I have been up since 4:15 a.m. because my stomach is bothering me- has been for a few days. I hate it when I can't sleep, tossing and turning until I finally throw in the towel and turn on my light. No doubt I haven't been eating well and then I pay the price of my own consequences.

   Dallan and I worked in the yard yesterday morning. It's always nice to have a child working along side me while doing yard work. We pulled weeds and watered. Afterwards, while Hansan was at work, we drove to Scottsdale to return the Microsoft Surface Pro 2 I bought in California with Tommy's help; the screen is just too small. I preordered the Surface Pro 3 (without obligation) that comes out on June 20th. I like my own laptop but I'm frustrated with the power cord problem. This is the 4th cord I've had to replace. Samsung really blew it with this particular problem. While at the mall Dallan had fun sitting in a Tesla and playing with the dash computer, encouraged by a salesman, as if we might be interested to purchase a $95,000 car for my teenage son.




   Around 5 p.m. it was time for Hansan to come home and Dallan's turn to head to work. The boys had gone to a girl's house to watch a movie the night before, and then last night they were invited to a girl's 16th birthday party. I dropped Hansan off at 8 p.m., came home, then found out that Dallan was sent home from work early due to a slow night, so turned back around and dropped him off at the party at 8:30. I came home, then drove back to pick up the boys from the party at 11:00 p.m.  In the meantime Hansan kept texting me to ask if they could stay longer and I moved the curfew from 10:30 to 11:00. Of course I said NO when he then asked if they could stay until midnight. I told them to be out to the car by 11 sharp, which, thankfully, they were. I'm a bit OCD about curfew times and I think most of my teenagers figure that out OR ELSE!  Hansan asked me earlier during the day if I realized that they are always the first to leave parties. I informed him that I don't compare our rules to other family rules, and that this is the way our rules have been since the beginning of time in this family, and also that MOST of my teenagers have said the same thing, and even now, it makes NO DIFFERENCE what time the other kids have to be home. He took it in stride but still tested the waters throughout the evening.

 


No comments: