Friday, May 16, 2014

Aging

   Already Friday! My enjoyable time at Tommy's has gone by so fast. We are going to San Francisco today. We will meet up with Tommy for lunch and then head to Chinatown. It's been a few years since I've seen SF. We will walk around until time for Tommy to get off work and then drive back with him.

   Update: Pictures from our field trip to Chinatown and Tommy's work:

Chinatown

Tommy's office is in the old Bank of America building, which sits next to the new Bank of America building, which is also the tallest building in San Francisco. 


Downtown San Francisco, in front of Tommy's office building 


Inside Tommy's office. 

Changing to more comfortable shoes after a day at the office. 

   Yesterday, after Xiaojun got back from Noel's violin lesson, she and I drove to an outdoor mall. I bought the boys a pair of Sunday pants and a pair of sports shorts, and gave Tommy his  birthday shirt (early) and some chocolates. When we arrived back home we had a fun evening playing Clue with the whole family.

   After everyone else went upstairs and off to bed, Tommy and I had some one-on-one talking time. He tried to help me talk through my health (weight/exercise) issues. It's nice to know that he cares. When I get home I will set some little goals to try and get myself back on course. I don't mind aging because it's the normal process in life, but I do mind aging as a fat lady whose health is always on the line. I wish I could have some help, but realize I need to take responsibility for my own choices and decisions. *sigh* - it's just getting back on course that I need help with, though. I'm not sure what the answer is for me since I have a problem with sticking to things these days. Anyway, it was heartwarming that he cares so much to bring it up and gently try and talk me through this.

"...So regardless of its size, shape, color, or any 
imagined infirmities, you can honor the temple that 
houses you by eating healthfully, exercising, listening to your
body's needs, and treating it with dignity and love."
Dr. Wayne Dyer

   It was a beautiful evening. As I was laying in bed the moon was brightly shining on my face and I could hear a little breeze swaying the tree branches. This apartment sits right beside the gate that opens and closes every time the cars go in and out of the complex - even these sounds are pleasant. The sliding door to the bedroom was wide open with the screen door closed so the breeze flowed through the room and the air felt fresh and good. This morning the birds were chirping and it's so lovely to view all the greenery through the windows. I love this.

Outside the kitchen window. 

No comments: