Monday, April 14, 2014

STUFF! :-(

   Oh my heck! How is it that human beings, especially American human beings, collect so much STUFF? I am trying to get rid of useless clutter and reorganize my whole house. I'm presently working on the upstairs and feeling very overwhelmed. Sometimes I look at it and then turn around and sit back down. What to do with it all? Then I think, okay, Lynne, pick up one thing at a time, doesn't matter what it is, but either throw it away, or put it away .... ugh. Stuff!  One of the reasons I loved taking the kids to the Casper cabin was to get away from all of the stuff, the noise, the never-ending schedules, away from everything distracting us from spending peaceful and calm time together. All of this stuff, I truly believe, makes it harder to draw closer to each other, and to Heavenly Father. Stuff does not invite peace and calm and help us want to do better.

   Now don't get me wrong, I love the comforts of my own home, the roof over my head, and my soft bed, but the junk, the stuff that piles up and up and up and is never used and collects dust .... why is it there? Old clothes, never used household items, stacks of books and papers and .... stuff. I could live simply and be very happy, and actually, I would be happier if I lived more simply.

   I have found that as I sort through my things and get rid of stuff that hasn't served any purpose whatsoever for years, it is like a weight lifted off of my shoulders. My mind opens up and creates space for more peace and serenity, an ability to receive more personal inspiration and knowledge. A clean, uncluttered room opens my mind and heart to feel more bright and airy which makes me happy as I see the stuff disappear before my eyes.

   Now, it's 10:00 p.m. and I am very tired, but I can't get into my bed. Why? Because I've been going through my stuff and it's all over my bed! :'(
 

No comments: