Sunday, March 23, 2014

It's Great to be EIGHT!

Ellyce was the first of my grandchildren to turn 8 years old this year (Feb 12th) . She is such a sweet little girl who has a ready smile. I took Ellyce on a one-on-one birthday date which I enjoyed very much. She chose to go to the movies to see Mr. Peabody and Sherman. She chose Taco Bell for dinner, and Smarties and popcorn for movie treats. Once we arrived back home around 9:30 she went to sleep almost immediately. Ellyce is such a lovely little granddaughter. 
(picture taken while waiting for movie to start)



Miles turned 8 years old yesterday (Mar 21st) and this was his reaction as he read about my gift. He was really cute when he called today and asked if we could go on our little one-on-one date this coming Friday.  3/28/2014 - Miles and I went on our birthday date this evening. He chose to see the The Lego Movie. It was cute listening him laugh throughout the movie. I let him choose treats so he had a Mars bar, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Sprite, and popcorn. I was surprised he could eat so much junk! After the movie he did not want dinner (imagine that!). He had eyed-balled a game at my house before the movie so afterwards we went home and he played it. I sat next to him while he played and then around 8 he was finally a little hungry so I bought him a hamburger to eat as I took him back home. I loved spending this time with my grandson. 



(Once Lincoln turns 8 (Jul 9th), he will be added to this journal entry)


No comments: