Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving in San Francisco






I am relieved to report that although we had two near-death experiences on our way to San Francisco for Thanksgiving, we are still alive! The day before we left, Hansan and Dallan got their driving permits and had never driven on the freeways before so they were excited about getting to drive as much as possible and I let them have one-hour turns; they did pretty good, considering. We almost collided with a semi-truck as we entered the freeway, and another time we almost ran into the back of a car as the highway traffic suddenly slowed down. Other than a few incidents of driving too far onto the shoulder of the road, and passing before looking over the shoulder, I stayed as calm as I possibly could, at least on the outside ... :-)

We had so much fun with Tommy and Xiaojun's family. One day we hiked through a forested trail and then played on the beach. We played plenty of cards and Wii when at the house. We also walked on the Oakland Temple grounds and went to an outdoor mall. There was a lot of good food and talking. It was good to meet Michael and Taylor there, too. Taylor brought a girlfriend named Melinda and rightfully figured out that she isn't for him. It was fun to spend time with my grandchildren while the others went to the theater to see the second part of Hunger Games. It was a very nice and relaxing, low-key visit.

I feel very blessed that all of us had a safe, fun trip. On the way home, Hansan drove about 375 miles and still wasn't tired. Dallan drove a couple of hours but was too tired to drive more. I can guess who has my driving blood running through their veins.

By the way, Timothy, as one of my single boys, was not with us on this trip because he spent Thanksgiving touring New York City with one of his buddies. He had a wonderful time, but we missed him! :-(

I am done with my bachelor's degree! Now onto the master's program!

No comments: