Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas!

It's been a beautiful Christmas season despite that I got off to a very slow start. In fact, this is the latest I've ever, ever been with Christmas preparations. The boys and I didn't get the tree up until 2 days ago. Then, we didn't  bother to decorate the tree with anything but lights- no ornaments. But, one of my favorite decorations is our stockings and Michael did manage to hang them so it turned out perfect. The happiest part of this Christmas was the fact that every single one of my children and their families were here. We took family pictures to prove it. Xiaojun did the honors and she usually does a very good job.

My sister treated me to an 8-day trip to Cozumel, Mexico. Oh man, it was an experience. A few days before I left, I graduated with a Bachelor's in Social Work (BSW) so I was quite busy with ending classes plus finishing up my internship at NCADD.  The timing of this trip seemed a little stressful since I needed to accomplish so much knowing that all of my children would be here for Christmas. But low and behold, a few days before our departure I also came down with the flu, and let me tell you, it's not often I am in bed all day, but, I was in bed all day for about 3 days.


No comments: